Member of the EVE Tweet Fleet

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Argh! The rust! and an uncharged headset!

Note to self:  Remember to plug in the headset.  I end up doing this about once a week.  So the headset has a short time to charge before I go online and it's inevitable that it dies right at the important part of an op.  Murphy is alive and kicking.  I'm probably going to have to get a spare wired headset for when that happens.

Screen #2 died as well, This weekend that will solve itself, but I'm down to 1 screen and DAMN do I miss screen #2.  Makes running dual accounts MUCH simpler, not to mention having maps and such open in the 2nd screen etc etc etc...

Figures all this stuff would go wrong right after xmass when ze budget needs to be watched like a hawk.   Come on 15th, move your ass.

Also:  I apologize to the alliance mates for all the noob moves.  Being away from the game for a few months really does rust things up.  Gonna need some virtual WD-40 (and duct tape, cant forget the duct tape as I'm Minmatar).  Hopefully I won't get too many ships killed while I un-rust.

Also, as a general rule in 0.0, DO NOT JUMP BETWEEN JUMP BRIDGE SYSTEMS WITHOUT CHECKING YOUR INTEL CHANNELS.  Bloody lemmings (and yes I include myself in the list - not so much because I didn't figure they would be there last week as because I'd forgotten how to "bust thru" a cloaky bubble camp - all that rust I need to knock off).  This has been a public service message brought to you by 90% of the alliance leaders in the game.

3 comments:

Benoit CozmikR5 Gauthier said...

Question from your musician buddy: your headset needs charging ???

Letrange said...

wireless

Benoit CozmikR5 Gauthier said...

Ah. It does have the mobility advantage. But from an audiophile point of view, wired > wireless, always.