Member of the EVE Tweet Fleet

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Building up.

Now that I've finally settled into 0.0, it's time to get serious about the buildup of my fleet.  Any pilot in EVE needs to maintain a stable of re-mounts.  Different ships have different uses and specializations.  On top of that you need to plan for the replacement of combat losses.  For my initial fleet I plan on having a back bone of six battle cruisers and six battleships.  Battlecruisers are for roams, fast response fleets and when I run out of battleships.  Battleships are for main fleets (going for strategic objectives as part of a CTA or Home defense fleet when called for by the FC).  Only once this backbone is in place will I work on building/re-building a stable of T2 ships for use on ops.

We'll see how it all goes but so far looks like within a few days I'll only be one BS hull short of my initial objective.  At that point it will be "build back up the funds" time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes EvE seems a cycle of "I have money, I need to buy ships!... I have too many ships I need to lose them in fun and interesting ways!"